Uruguay, located in the southeastern part of South America, borders the Atlantic Ocean, Brazil, and Argentina. The capital and the commercial center of Uruguay is Montevideo.
Uruguay’s strategic location, political and economical stability, first-rate infrastructure, and legal framework make it very attractive and profitable for foreign investors.
Uruguay has become the first exporter of Software in Latin America. Uruguay grants equal treatment to national and foreign investors and, aside from very few sectors, there is neither de jure nor de facto discrimination toward investment by source or by origin.
In Uruguay a SAFI (Sociedad Anonima Financiera de Inversion) can be established and managed. Internationally, the SAFI is considered a very reliable and respected corporate vehicle. Complete confidentiality is established by law. Furthermore, confidentiality is reinforced by the possibility of total anonymity of the shareholders, since share certificates can be issued in bearer form. Some requirements for a SAFI are:
- The majority of the investment must be held outside of Uruguay;
- The Company must retain a registered office and a registered agent in Uruguay (the registered agent can be an individual or an entity);
- A minimum of two shareholders is required;
- One Director is required;
- A register of Directors, members, charges and the minute book must be kept at the registered office. A Shareholders meeting must be held annually;
- Financial statements must be prepared and reviewed annually.
For more information please contact:
HBM Uruguay S.A.
P.5 Esc. 512,