Jurisdiction St. Maarten
St. Maarten / St. Martin is the smallest island divided in half between two nations. The southern half, St. Maarten, is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The French occupy the northern half of the island. St. Maarten is part of the Netherlands Antilles and is located approximately 300 km southeast of Puerto Rico. St. Maarten is politically very stable and enjoys the highest per capita income in the Caribbean.
The N.V. (Naamloze Vennootschap) is a limited liability company that can perform all lawful businesses, although some activities require a license. N.V.s are efficient and effective corporate vehicles used for holding assets as investments, intellectual property, and real estate.
A few requirements are:
- At least one shareholder is required. This shareholder can be an individual or a corporate entity;
- One General Meeting of Shareholders must be held a year. This meeting must be held in the Netherlands Antilles;
- At least one managing director must be a resident in Curaçao. Managing directors can be individuals or entities;
- A registered office must be maintained in the jurisdiction;
- A minimum capital amount is needed for incorporation;
- Shares can be issued in registered or bearer form;
- Shareholder´s register is not open for public inspection.
The N.A.B.V. (Netherlands Antilles Besloten Vennootschap) is a private limited liability company. It is a flexible and modern corporation that can be managed by shareholders.
A few requirements are:
- There are no minimum capital requirements;
- Shares can only be issues in register form;
- The Company must keep a register of the shares;
- The Articles of Incorporation can be in any language.
The S.P.F. (Stichting Particulier Fonds) is a private foundation that can have any legal purpose. It is a legal entity with assets and liabilities.
The Private Foundation is a special form of the conventional foundation, which is characterized by the following three essential differences:
- The Private Foundation can make contributions to its founders or third parties without any restrictions;
- Distributions made by a Private Foundation do not have to be of an idealistic or social nature;
- The Private Foundation is not allowed to conduct any type of business with a profit motive.
- Asset Protection
- Estate planning
- Income deferral
- Holding Company
- Investment Vehicle
The C.V.or Commanditaire Vennootschap is a limited partnership. This Limited Partnership is proven to be a valuable vehicle when structuring international corporate and private investments. It is not a legal entity and is considered a transparent vehicle for corporate income tax purposes in the Netherlands Antilles.
For more information please contact:
HBM Sint Maarten N.V.
Cruise Terminal Building
Suite # 1
St. Martin - Dutch Caribbean